Basically, the university you are aspiring to be a part of for your further studies, requires an array or a portrayal of your personality through this letter as this letter pretty much should sum up your background & purpose for choosing that particular university. A well written SOP is nothing but an extended version of an essay we all are used to draft since our primary school days..”Myself” ! It should consist of a glimpse of who you are, how have you been till now, what you aspire to become & how eligible you are for a particular course in the respected university.
This document should be a pathway to understand the candidate’s idea for the chosen path of his/her career & future goals along with his/her background until now. The SOP should comprise of all your points yet be precise enough to impress the admission committee. There can be thousands of applications for the exact same course in the exact same university as you desire..hence, an attractive, unique & crisp SOP plays a very crucial role in your application process. Since it’s convenient to evaluate a to the point yet sufficiently explaining SOP; making sure that the narrative contents a decent word count between 800-1000 words to conclude all the aspects helps keeping it more communicable.
The statement of purpose should proceed from introducing the applicant & putting up their long term goals as they create a good impression of the candidate’s perspective & retrospective thinking process. The opening of this letter is extremely important & should be very catchy as it will draw the attention of the officials to go forward & read the whole thing.
Thanks to Google that we have a plethora of sample texts on ‘how to write an SOP’! Yet, adding our own essence to our application is always a better idea than just copying the stuff on the internet. That’s where I come in..! I am a creative & passionate writer & I wish to be a part of this process & pave a path for the aspirants through my penning skills.
1. Start with a strong introduction: Begin with a powerful opening statement that grabs the reader’s attention and sets the tone for the rest of your essay. This could be a personal anecdote, a quote or a surprising fact that relates to your field of study.
2. Show your passion: Admissions committees want to see that you are truly passionate about your field of study. Use your essay to convey your enthusiasm for your chosen subject and explain why you are committed to pursuing an MS degree in this area.
3. Highlight your accomplishments: Your statement of purpose should showcase your academic and professional achievements. Be sure to mention any research projects, internships or work experience that demonstrates your expertise in your field.
4. Explain your goals: Admissions committees want to know what you hope to achieve with your MS degree. Describe your short-term and long-term career goals and explain how the MS program will help you achieve them.
5. Be specific: Avoid generalities and vague statements in your essay. Instead, be specific and concrete examples to support your claims. Use specific examples of how your past experiences have prepared you for your future goals.
6. Be concise: Keep your essay focused and to the point. Avoid rambling or repeating information that is already on your application. Use strong, active language and vary your sentence structure to keep the reader engaged.
7. Edit carefully: Take the time to edit your essay carefully for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors. Have someone else read it over for clarity and coherence.
Remember, your statement of purpose/personal essay is an opportunity to showcase your strengths and convince the admissions committee that you are a strong candidate for their program. With careful planning and attention to detail, you can craft an impressive essay that sets you apart from other applicants.
At Edutrust, we have eminent content writers to assist you to come out with a competitive output considering the complexity and significance of an impressive Statement of purpose/personal essay. We provide our students with a questionnaire and get those filled up by them; upon which, our content writer will draft a competent and impressive statement/essay for the students. We keenly keep an eye on detailing and enveloping all the above mentioned points to make it better and able to stand out in the pool of applications.